Alfred Lawson purchased the grounds of Des Moines University for his his school “Lawsonomy” in the 1940s. He put a high fence around the school and tried to keep people from sticking their nose in his business. The image below was taken at a hearing in Washington D.C. before the Senate Small Business Committee in March of 1952. War Machine supplies were sold to his school on the grounds they would be for educational purposes only. Some how the machines ended up getting resold for a $120,000 profit. When confronted by it, 82 year old Lawson stated his mind was too full of “great philosophical thought” to be bothered by their questioning.